Date: 4 Jun 2019 & 10 Jun 2019
Time: 7 pm to 8:30 pm
Venue: 3/F the Hive Sheung Wan
Hive Member: HK$220 / class ; HK$390 / 2 classes
Non-Member: HK$320 / class ; HK$570 / 2 classes
Did you know, that good copywriting has the ability to make or break a sale? Being able to describe attractively and concisely what your product or service is, and what makes you unique, is a skill which can be learned.
In this workshop, Kate and Rachel from leading copywriting and editorial service Editors Ink, will share their practical expertise, covering various aspects of business writing, including:
Part 1 – 4 June 2019
– Using creative copy to clearly define your business
– Condensing your brand story into bite-sized information
– Buzzwords: how to use with caution
– In-house blogs and newsletters
– Effective emailing
Part 2 – 10 June 2019
– Spelling and grammar in brand communications
– Creating press releases
– When to work with copywriters, and how to achieve a clear brief
– Creative copy deconstructed (bring your samples)
– Creative copy and images, how to do layouts in your eNews, social media posts, and Posters
Attendees will also have the opportunity to put some of this guidance into practice, with a short tagline-writing exercise designed to get you thinking creatively about the words that work best for your brand.
Bio of Speakers:
Kate Farr and Rachel Read are the co-founders of Hong Kong editorial agency, Editors’ Ink. With over 20 years’ collective experience in all areas of writing – including print and online media, marketing copywriting, branding and social media for some of the biggest brands in industry – they have worked with a wide range of clients, and have picked up plenty of useful tips along the way.